If there is an appliance in the homes that everyone would miss if they do not exist, I think I am not wrong to say that it would be the washing machine. Since its arrival in our lives, much has changed the task of washing our clothes. What were once hours and hours of rubbing against a board or anything else, today has become a simple act of putting all the laundry in the washing machine, program it and let it act. Because of this, It is not surprising that when it does not work, we quickly run to a technician to solve the problem as soon as possible, although it is not always necessary to hire the service of an expert but we ourselves can provide a solution. In the event that you break down, today we are going to explain some problems and the steps to fix washing machines.
Repair the washing machine if it stops between cycles
There are times when the washing machine stops, for no reason, between the different washing cycles. One of the reasons for that to happen, it may be the lack of power. If we see that the front of the control has power, we can discard this problem. In the event that this is not the case, we can carry out several checks:
- If the washer seems dead, check the circuit breaker or fuse that it uses, lest it has jumped due to some punctual overload.
- Check the power cord. Unplug it and check that it has not been broken by any point that prevents the current circulate satisfactorily.
If this is not the case, and if there is food, the reason may come from overload protector that brings the appliance, which may have jumped. In this case, to solve it, you must stop the washing machine, remove all the water that may be inside and remove some clothes to reduce the weight. Next, we would restart the washing program.
Fix washer that does not spin
The centrifugation is the part of the program of any washing by which the washing machine eliminates the maximum possible water used for the washing process. Sometimes, we may encounter the problem that it does not spin and when we open the drum door, the water, or part of it, is still there. Here we can find several cases.
The first, and the simplest, is that we have filled the drum a lot with clothes and the washing machine has not been able to eliminate all that water even though the centrifuge has done well. It's like he has not had time to do it correctly. If this happens, what you have to do is to perform a spin again. If the problem persists, then we should review other things that we will explain.
- Check the hose that connects to the drain to verify that it is not obstructed or has kinks that could prevent it from draining the water. In both cases, it is recommended to replace this hose with a new one.
- If the washing machine stops while the drum is full, the most likely reason is that the water pump has been damaged. In this case you will have to disarm the machine and place a new one.
- Another reason is that the motor burned. This you will be able to know by the smell of singe and because it is most likely that the automatic skips. In this case, the only thing that can be done is to change the engine.
- Finally, if the entire cycle is completed but not centrifuged, do the test without clothes. If in this way it does centrifuge, the problem will be in the condenser.
Too much movement and a lot of noise
The noise and movement are characteristic of washing machines, but sometimes it is of such a size that it seems that it is going to walk. If this happens to you, it can be due to several reasons.
On the one hand we have the load, which is not adequate. If we fill the washing machine too much or too little, it could cause an imbalance in the drum, causing more noise than usual.
Another reason we could find it in a uneven ground. It is always advisable to make sure that the ground is perfectly level to avoid these problems.
Finally, it may be the case that the drum is loose. If this is so, you should check your anchor so that it stops making that noise, in addition to preventing it from ending up breaking.
The washing machine does not catch water
Let's see some solutions to repair your washing machine in case you do not drink water for washing. If this happens, it could be due to several cases:
- It may be that the right program has not been chosen, with the necessary water load. Stop the washing machine, choose the program again and restart the washing.
- You must also cNote that the water inlet hose is correctly connected. Also check that the hose is not bent to prevent water circulation.
- Check that there is water in that part of the house. Try opening a tap that you have in the same area of the house to make sure that the water reaches there.
Repair a washing machine if it suffers water leaks
- We will check all the accessories where the hoses are connected to the taps, as well as on the back of the washing machine itself. Tighten all the clamps that are used to hold the tube, and look for if the hose is worn. If so, change it completely, making sure you put everything in place to avoid possible leaks.
- Check that the washing machine does not have excess foam that can cause it to overflow. If so, what you can do is pour half a cup of white vinegar in 1 liter of water. Then, for washing, use one that forms less foam or adds less detergent.
- Machine I could have worn the rubber gasket of the cap or bearing that must be replaced.
So you know, in case you happen any of the cases we saw in our post today, before calling a technician, try these solutions. Who knows, maybe you save a lot of money.