Decorating our house with plants and flowers is always a good idea, since harmonizes space, They fill us with joy and color and purify the air. The presence of indoor plants in any room provide a natural, relaxing atmosphere and connect us with nature. Below we show you which are the most appropriate for each stay in the house.
Decoration with indoor plants
One of the best resources to create an ideal environment in any room of the house is the use of indoor plants. The benefits granted to us have been highly tested: improve mood, reduce stress levels and it provides a relaxing environment. Also help reduce dust, providing freshness and reducing the dryness of the environment.
What you have to take into account are the needs of indoor plants: natural light and humidity. It is recommendable keep them in the same area, since they usually do not take changes from one room to another very well.
Before decidirte by a choose the plants for each stay of the house you should fix the type of lighting that receives. Exists 4 types of natural light:
- Direct sunlight.
- Indirect lighting (partial shade).
- The indirect indirect light.
- Indirect low.
- You may be interested in reading: Do you know which is the best place to place your plants at home?
The living room or living area
It is one of the largest rooms in the house and where family and friends gather. It is in this space where the largest plants they will shine in all their splendor and will become the protagonists of the decoration. There is one drawback: it is usually the warmest and drier room in winter for the use of heating. This can have a negative effect on the plants (leaves turn brown or dry)
For keep the humidity There are a series of tips:
- Install the pots on pot holders or dishes with wet bottom.
- Place in the bottom of pots or containers gravel or stones to keep them moist.
- Group the plants, since they help each other, creating a microclimate humid thanks to the humidity of the earth and the exudation of steam when their leaves perspire.
- Add containers with water near the radiators to humidify the air.
Some of the plants that adapt well to the room are: trunk of Brazil, ficus, potos, ferns, elephant's foot, anthurium ...
The palms like kentia and climbing plants like the cissus are perfect to place them isolated.
They will give a breath of freshness to space hanging flower pots. In them you can plant: Ferns, ivy, asparagus, saxifraga, curly fern, money plant, hypoestes phyllostachya ...
Plants suitable for cooking
Normally the kitchens are usually well lit so they are appropriate spaces to cultivate culinary plants: mint, parsley, oregano ... They offer us many advantages: have fresh leaves to cook and aromatize the room.
Indoor plants that are adapted in the kitchens are: tiger begonias, piles, ficus, potos, columnea ...
Perfect plants for the bedroom
The bedroom is a space where we rest and relax from the daily stress. It is not necessary to have many plants. You will have to choose species that do not require much maintenance and that purify the air. Remove them from the radiators and place them near the windows.
A perfect plant for the bedroom is the wheat tongue or Sansevieria trifasciata which is native to South Africa. At night transforms carbon dioxide into oxygen and reduces a volatile organic compound harmful to our health called formaladehyde.
Other recommended plants are: ivy, dracena, primroses, cyclamen, azalea, tapes, kalanchoe, cineraria ...
Decorating the bathroom with plants
The bathroom provides favorable environmental conditionss for many indoor plants. Avoid putting species that need a stable temperature, since in these rooms there are constant changes.
The tropical plants hold moisture very well and they do not need much lighting. Hanging plants are also a good option. The Aloe vera Meets all requirements.
- The Ferns adapts perfectly to the humid environment bathroom.
- Philodentro bipinnatifidum is one of the perfect indoor plants for the bathroom. It develops well in damp spaces and does not need great care.
- La Adam's rib It is a beautiful plant with large leaves in dark green color. They are perfect in this space of the house!
- Ivy is a plant that purifies the air in the bathroom of chemical substances (such as deodorants, perfumes).
- The maranta is another good option. Its great attraction lies in a varied chromatism and its oval leaves. Original from Brazil, needs environments with high humidity and that does not give the sun directly.
You may be interested in reading: Discover the plants for the bathroom that they decorate by themselves.
What do you think of these ideas to decorate the different rooms of the house with indoor plants?